New: Teacher Impact groups
Designed for all teachers who enjoy working collaboratively to improve their practice
Building on the success of 2018-19 we have 6 new TIGs for 2019-20.
Designed for all teachers who enjoy working collaboratively to improve their practice. The NSTA
are establishing teacher groups to focus on pedagogy and improve impact in the classroom. Teacher efficacy is now the number one effect size (according to John Hattie and the evidence base) i.e. the belief that a teacher group has a collective ability to promote successful student outcomes within their classroom and across their school. Additionally the research evidence is clear that the most reliable way to support teacher development is through prolonged interventions. The most effective professional development lasts at least 2 terms and creates a “rhythm” of follow-up, and consolidation.
The TIGs are hoping to capitalise on this benefit. There will be 3 sessions spread across the year led by an SLE in
an area of their expertise. Professional development that involves cycles of trying, reflecting, and adjusting. At
the end of the year we will share our findings across the alliance.
If you would like to sign up to this exciting new professional development opportunity please do so using the form below or email the NSTA: email@example.com
Teacher Impact Groups 2019-20:
1. A level and how to improve student results in essay based subjects: Alison Crocker SLE Churchill Academy & Sixth form
2. Effective questioning: David Weekes SLE Gordano School
3. Disadvantaged – Science Capital: Leyla Pattison NSLE Churchill Academy & Sixth form
4. Building Oracy skills to improve confidence: Alex Hayne SLE Churchill Academy & Sixth form
5. Looking for proof of learning: George Reakes NSLE Gordano School
6. Differentiation and the alternatives to differentiation: Liz Kerr Chew Valley School
Dates of meetings:
Wednesday 9th October 4.15 – 5.15pm
Wednesday 4th December 4.15 – 5.15pm
Wednesday 29th April 4.15 – 5.15pm
Download the flyer: NSTA Teacher Impact Groups 2019-20
Please complete the form below to apply to join one of our impact groups.