Backwell School Physics TSST
PHYSICS Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST)
- Quality assured – IOP (Institute of Physics) enabled, community approved course
- School-led, bespoke training taking into account participants needs and starting points
- Hands-on approach in well-equipped science laboratories, led by experienced NSTA Physics teachers and University of Bristol ITE lecturer
- An opportunity to enhance your knowledge, giving you renewed confidence to enjoy teaching this challenging subject
- The course is free. No financial costs to participants, plus funding to compensate school for teacher absence during half-day sessions (cover allowance) £200 equipment grant to successful participants for new equipment or teaching resources
- Led by experienced teachers and lecturers who understand the demands of Secondary physics teaching with up-to date knowledge of the new GCSE and Ks3 National Curriculums in science
- Teachers who successfully complete the course will be awarded a TSST certificate.
Please be aware that we are no longer recruiting 2017-18 for our Physics TSST course that started in September 2017. At this time the Department of Education have not informed us whether the TSST program is going to continue beyond this year – we will update this page when we know.
To register an interest in future courses, please complete this Physics TSST short form.