Background and experience:
I qualified as a Geography teacher from Exeter University in 2009. I began my teaching role at The King Alfred School in Highbridge. As the only RE teacher in the school I was responsible for rewriting the SOL for all year groups and redesigning assessments in RE. During my time at The King Alfred School I was given the role of Learning and Teaching coordinator and as the head of RE. I implemented and developed GCSE and A level RE. In 2012 I completed my Master’s degree in Education.
I moved to Churchill Academy in 2017 as Leader of Learning for RE. I have rewritten the SOL for every year group and introduced the teaching of GCSE and A level RE, writing textbooks and resources for the students. I have overseen the implementation of two new specifications at GCSE and A Level with successful results.
I have ben marking GCSE RE for a selection of exam boards as a team leader, senior examiner and as an examiner. This year I will also be marking Avel Buddhism papers for 2 exam boards. This has given me a good understanding of the assessment requirements for a number of exam boards.
Alongside this, I am the Associate Tutor for PGCE RE at Churchill. I have been involved in numerous CPD sessions, most recently in developing my coaching skills.
Specialism specific and generic skills:
- RE subject and leadership
- Buddhism and Christianity
- Assessment and marking
What support might look like:
- Coaching for staff development: Improving teaching and learning in the classroom
- Leading training sessions
- Working with staff to develop new Schemes of Learning
- Advice on creation of schemes of learning reflecting specifications
- Identification of pressures and coaching in ways to improve and support team leaders and team members.